Woodies

 Woodies


I’ve clicked and travelled on vacation 

shopped and gambled on location


become unraveled with the notion 

this world was made for you and me 


from politicians to corporate interests 

from religions to tribal kingdoms  


to wholesale slaughter of the innocent

this world was made for you and me 


As I was talking in line at Staples 

people in front of me grew impatient 


A Jamaican pensioner 

called the Philippine call center 


while a Dominican clerk helped 

ten other customers 


drop-shipping five dollar pants 

made by Uyghur prisoners 


this world was made for you and me


This world is my world this world is your world 

as it swirls in a blur of colors


as viruses get stronger and longer  

this world was made for you and me

Comments

Popular Posts