Stoned in the Park

 Stoned in the Park  


there’s nothing more to do 

than put sun 

on our face 

on this beautiful day 


as the world slowly turns 

I didn’t turn 

on the news 

or even get dressed


I call out sick from work 

close your computer

we meet at the park

saluting the commuters 


you brought something 

to cheer me up

and I’ve got 

something for you 


we then 

take a walk 

as if the world

was brand new 


stoned in the park with you

a child with a balloon

lovers neck and neck 

joggers chased by a squirrel 


stoned in the park

what we need to do

to feel something like love

in a form we forgot how to use


you’ve got wine 

I’ve brought cheese 

minds start to spin

as we look at the trees 


follow the clouds

’til it starts to rain

recording everything

to remember Monday 


stoned in the park

what an obvious thing to do

sun and breeze float anxieties 

around the world

Comments

Popular Posts