Shot Order



close up of a mouth eating breakfast
long shot of cars stuck in traffic

cut to a man on a train
scratching the scab on his face

zoom in on you in the mirror
putting on your makeup it’s serious

pan to your ancestors tilling the soil 
forward a millennia they’re sold as toys

follow a conversation
of a middle aged couple
struggling with a handle 
on a world they can’t control

trying to feel romantic
without a sense of desperation
surrounded by advertisements
for electric cars

wide shot of a crowd leaving the subway 
armies of phones glowing like insects
we track a girl of nineteen
texting her parents for money

at this point in the action I do my walk on 
evoking kitsch Russian ads for tampons

I smile then I look in your face
you scream and run away

( I give chase on my Segway )

zoom out as this song
plays in the background
life looks beautiful
the world is cruel

all captured in 
a spinning solar system
framed by 

an indifferent universe

Comments

Popular Posts