Send a tomorrow Now

I don’t want to dwell on 

disappointments, 

regrets, and fears 


I’ve had enough 

cruelty and greed 

to last me years 


if you could make 

a dream come true 

I’ve just one simple request 


perhaps we could 

make that wish 

or send several prayers 


send tomorrow here 


I want to believe 

the scientists, 

mystics, and my mom 


that tomorrow 

will be brighter 

and my problems will be gone 


that I’ll find love and happiness 

just as sure 

as the sun revolves 


that people have 

the power to get 

everything done 


I want the future now 


consider me spoilt 

impatient 

or wrong 


delusional 

naive 

call me what you want 


but I’ve been hanging on 

with my life 

half a lifetime long 


and before my fingers 

on this ledge get walked 

or worked upon 


throw me a rope 

from your helicopter now 

we need to skip to the happy ending 


the pacing a bit off 

I’ll take tomorrow 

now

Comments

Popular Posts