Wednesday, February 12, 2014

In a Musical Way


I want a life as bright as these chords I play
I want to live my life in a musical way--
Birds singing, a milkman whistling, a fat happy maid
Pancake-flipping oh yeah

I go to work against reality
Battling the world with my bare feelings
My heart never leads me astray
Just as long as I continue singing

I'm playing the part of an underachiever
In an out of town run that goes on forever
You could be the disaffected lover
Whose heart swells on an orchestra cue

Dancing our way past the fear
That anything wonderful's not real
Harmonizing on a melody
That worms its way into your dreams

Spotlights, pink tights, alcoholics
Costume, scenery, nervous breakdowns 
We're switching scenes like hand puppets
Up until the curtain comes down


No comments:

Post a Comment

Materialism

  Materialism   your culture is insane   you don’t know how to feel   killing people across the world   is a dirty deal   what you call comf...