Saturday, April 11, 2015
Lambert & Stamp
...just saw this great docu on the Who and the collaborative creative process that launched the band. Interesting to see how unformed the group was at their conception...and how the parties involved trusted their intuitions, which proved (mostly) correct. Like all artistic successes, there has to not only exist a brilliance, but an ability to communicate it in way that's accessible to a general audience. Lambert and Townshend had the sophistication and the other actors, Daltrey, Entwhistle, Moon, & Stamp, brought the logistics and the muscle. There's a seductive story about the band burning through hundreds of thousands of pounds before reaching any success, which is a tempting incitement to all mini-whos out there to charge up the cards, but for me the bigger story is the importance of collaborating with people that are on your level intellectually and resource-wise, or above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Materialism
Materialism your culture is insane you don’t know how to feel killing people across the world is a dirty deal what you call comf...
-
Free Concert For The People Who Live Next Door
-
Mayor McGuffin We are products of our times these thoughts aren’t mine everything passes through us from sewers to the divine I vibe o...
-
Life of the **** I love your body I made a map that I study there’s just one thing that distracts me from loving ideas haunt me ...
No comments:
Post a Comment