Thursday, September 14, 2017

Unpopular Music

Unpopular Music 

I want to tell you 
tell you a secret
you have to promise
not to hear it 

I’m in front of you 
with my emotions
under my clothes
I’m naked

I’m gonna play
unpopular music
I don’t want you
to sing along

I’m gonna play 
unpopular music 
don’t dance to it
you’ll break an arm

these young people
everywhere 
I love them 
in my own way 

I see them hurting
with questions
I know what they feel
but can’t explain 

how they need 
unpopular music 
to fill in lines 
without names 

how they sing
unpopular music 
it’s something 
they can’t explain 

just knowing 
needing to be knowing
something in the universe 
feels the same 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Materialism

  Materialism   your culture is insane   you don’t know how to feel   killing people across the world   is a dirty deal   what you call comf...