I scare them all away

 I scare them all away


Is it the way I look 

or what I say 

they’re going by the book 

that’s what they said 


eyes start to move 

searching the exit 

they’ll stay for dessert 

then make their break 


I scare them all away 

back to their little caves 

they bolt their doors and pray 

for a return to boring 


I get lonely 

like everyone else 

it’s more about disappointment 

than anything else 


that unquenched thirst 

for more of the same 

is something I’ve never 

been able to explain 


I stand at the center of the square

peering into their faces 

they’re too busy with trends 

to really notice


so I step on them 

knock down their buildings 

blow out the sun 

as they curse the weather 


it’s enough to 

make a monster

just want to 

be by himself 


Comments

Popular Posts